Solid backing in backgrounding.
Participants learn how to undertake all aspects of personnel vetting and align new skills to their legislative context, including the Protective Security Policy Framework. By understanding why particular responsibilities are important, learners will be able to conceptualise and execute best practice in all situations.
- Identify legal and ethical issues relevant to government policy.
- Contribute to the management of risk in relation to personnel.
- Interpret, analyse, verify and evaluate data presented during the suitability assessment process.
- Provide analytical and factually based reports.
- Conduct vetting interviews.
Who should take this course
Sponsorship from a government agency or approved independent vetting provider is mandatory. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices, so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required. Participants should hold a current government security clearance.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
The course consists of a pre-course assessment, and ten face-to-face sessions
What are the units of competency? View details
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPSEC008 Conduct personnel security assessments
- PSPGEN032 Deal with conflict
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
- PSPREG016 Conduct data analysis
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
How is the course assessed? View details
Pre-course assignment, vetting file scenarios, short-answer assessment tasks, third-party reports.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview