Solid backing in backgrounding.
Participants learn how to undertake all aspects of personnel vetting and align new skills to their legislative context, including the Protective Security Policy Framework. By understanding why particular responsibilities are important, learners will be able to conceptualise and execute best practice in all situations.
Interested in our other investigations (certificate IV) offerings?
- Identify legal and ethical issues relevant to government policy.
- Contribute to the management of risk in relation to personnel.
- Interpret, analyse, verify and evaluate data presented during the suitability assessment process.
- Provide analytical and factually based reports.
- Conduct vetting interviews.
Who should take this course
Sponsorship from a government agency or approved independent vetting provider is mandatory. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices, so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required. Participants should hold a current government security clearance.
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (facilitated training sessions and Self Online Learning) and Recognition of Prior Learning.
What participation is required?
The course consists of a pre-course assessment, and 10 facilitated training sessions
What is the cost?
What are the units of competency? View details
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity
- PSPGEN032 Deal with conflict
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
- PSPREG016 Conduct data analysis
- PSPSEC006 Implement security risk treatments
- PSPSEC008 Conduct personnel security assessments
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
- PSPSEC010 Provide government security briefings
How is the course assessed? View details
Pre-course assignment, vetting file scenarios, short-answer assessment tasks, third-party reports.
Can this course be customised for my team?
Yes! Contact our Learner Experience team via our Contact Us page or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what you need.Group Booking Enquiry