Ask the right questions, prepare the best answers
Our PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations encompasses two specialist streams, offering generic skills that suit both administrative and criminal investigation roles. It offers vital communication and interviewing skills while stepping inside practical responsibilities such as initiating, planning, conducting and completing investigations. It is particularly valuable to those who wish to develop the skills required to conduct an investigation using appropriate processes in accordance with procedural fairness and legislative requirements.
- Understanding the role of investigators in your organisation, from both policy and legislative perspectives.
- The ability to initiate, plan and progress an investigation.
- Skills to obtain statements, write investigation reports and give evidence.
- Knowing the methodologies required to conduct an inquiry, including investigation plans and an evidence matrix.
Who should take this course
Part of the assessment requirements for this qualification are derived from workplace evidence of your demonstrated knowledge and skills in the workplace. Therefore you must be working in a relevant government or private sector organisation in order to enrol in this course.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
The program is delivered over two x four day blocks through a mix of facilitated and blended learning.
What are the units of competency? View details
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 Finalise an investigation
- PSPREG003 Apply regulatory powers
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others (Group A)
- PSPREG008 Act on Non-Compliance (Group B)
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity (Group C)
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPREG006 Produce Formal Record of Interview
- PSPCRT007 Compile and use official notes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPREG010 Prepare a brief of evidence
- PSPREG011 Give evidence
How is the course assessed? View details
Conduct records of interviews, plan and write investigations reports and obtain third party reports.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview