This non-financial investment could be the best decision you will ever make
17 Apr 2018
That’s why we treat our health like superannuation, putting away a little at a time for a prosperous and fulfilling future.
What non-financial investment are you making today that could be beneficial for your future?
Focusing on regular exercise and a balanced diet is the best investment you can ever make for your health, because without your health what else do you have?
According to the Australian Physical Activity Guidelines, adults should be active on most days of the week and accumulate up to 5 hours of moderate physical activity, including weight-bearing activities.
In terms of diet, the Australian Dietary Guidelines encourage adults to make healthy diet choices which include a balanced blend of complex carbohydrates, protein and good fats.
Need a few more compelling reasons why you should invest in your health and add regular exercise and a balanced diet to your life? We've listed a few of them below for you to explore.
It promotes positive mental health and wellness by:
- reducing stress, anxiety and depression.
- boosting your mood, happiness and perspective on life.
- enhancing your self-esteem and confidence.
It reduces your risk of metabolic syndrome and other health-related diseases by:
- taking inches off your waist
- lowering your blood pressure and sugar levels
- aiding in injury prevention and chronic pain management
- supercharging your immunity
It strengthens your bones and muscles, including your heart by:
- improving your bone density
- assisting your mobility and flexibility
- improving your cardiovascular integrity and fitness
- increasing your performance, energy and lasting power
It will add years to your life, making you feel and look younger by:
- slowing cell ageing
- promoting healthy cell production
- sweating out the toxins
- keeping your skin clear and supple
It saves you money
- exercise (in a gym or otherwise) and a trolley full of healthy food is a big investment, there is no doubt but it will save you the big bucks in the long run by reducing medical visits and interventions that you may need to stay healthy.
Start today and set a fantastic example for not only yourself but for your friends and family.