About this course
Do you ever find yourself wondering how you fit into the bigger picture of your organisation? This workshop will help you to understand how to align your role, tasks and thinking with the strategic framework of your organisation.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics for this course are:
- Introduction to metacognition – thinking about thinking
- Critical examination of ‘traditional’ approaches to analysis and decision making
- Understanding how and why we think and behave the way we do
- Alternative methodologies for analysis and decision making
- Describe what operating strategically means in the APS.
- Explore strategic planning and thinking models.
- Recognise the purpose of strategic thinking.
- Examine strategic thinking methods and frameworks.
- Recognise the links between strategic planning and organisational development.
This course is an intensive program which encourages you to share your own views and experience. You will benefit not just from hearing from our expert facilitator, but also by engaging with each other.
In addition to drawing on the experience of participants, extensive use is made by the facilitator of real life case studies to demonstrate how a better understanding of how we think can contribute to improved teamwork and organisational effectiveness.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the psychological, physiological and social factors that influence how each of us thinks and makes decisions.
- Identify different approaches to analysis and decision making, and apply them in the workplace.
- Make better decisions under pressure and in difficult situations.