Balance people and procedure
Balance people and procedure with a course designed for managers who are looking to grow their leadership and investigation skills. The PSP50416 Diploma of Government Investigations will offer each participant the ability to lead an investigation team that complies with legislative, judicial and agency requirements.
Building on their ability to conduct investigations and to use basic methods, participants will learn to employ analysis techniques, reasoning and problem-solving to the process. By understanding the importance of critical thinking, planning and communication graduates will develop their capacity to lead in multi-agency and multi-jurisdictional environments.
- Understand the role of an Investigation Manager.
- Read, interpret and explain complex documents such as legislation and guidelines.
- Conduct complex oral briefings and write precise reports.
- Understand the different roles of team members and stakeholders.
- Learn how to best allocate and utilise available resources.
- Develop an awareness of common challenges and how to overcome them.
Who should take this course
Part of the assessment requirements for this qualification are derived from workplace evidence of your participation in real investigations. For this reason you must work (or be contracted to work) in a relevant government agency and manage investigations, or have access to manage investigations, with sound understanding of investigative processes in order to enrol in this course.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Facilitated Sessions and Self Online Learning) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
This program requires participants to attend for eight full days over the course of six weeks, with a combination of facilitated and online learning. Additional study time may be required for some assessments. Note: Number and frequency of sessions may vary. Please contact us for more information.
What is the cost?
What are the units of competency? View details
- PSPETH003 – Promote values and ethos of public service
- PSPINV002 – Conduct an Investigation
- PSPREG021 – Coordinate investigation process
- PSPREG026 – Review and evaluate investigations
- BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- PSPGEN045 – Coordinate resource allocation and usage
- PSPGEN054 – Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN050 – Manage Conflict
- PSPBDR015 – Manage Operations
- PSPLEG003 – Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPINV003 – Finalise an investigation
How is the course assessed? View details
On the job tasks, online learning and assessment modules, short answer assessment tasks, simulated investigation, third party reports, and final assessment interview (if required).