Want career acceleration, networking and leadership opportunities? We’ve got you covered
This redeveloped program has been designed to build on the existing public sector knowledge and experience of learners and to assist them in the development of the skills required to progress into management. It aims to increase career prospects by providing a wide body of knowledge, ranging from an understanding of the strategic framework for government to writing specialist communications such as business cases and Question Time briefs.
Pay $430 for your enrolment through User Choice Funding and save $5065.
- Understanding the strategic framework for government and the governance framework for your agency.
- Understand and applying legislation relevant to managing a team; and legislation that governs your day to day activity.
- Identifying strategies for managing change as a leader and dealing with conflict.
- Developing your career through identifying opportunities and resources.
- Developing research, analysis and communication skills critical to managing people and functions.
- Focusing your writing and communication skills for specific context and purposes.
- Strengthening negotiation and presentation skills.
- Accessing networking opportunities, as participants liaise with learners from different agencies and professional backgrounds.
Who should take this course
You must be working (or contracted to work) in a relevant public sector agency to enrol in this course. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
Eight facilitated training sessions and a range of online and workplace assessments. There will also be a final assessment interview.
What are the units of competency? View details
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPGEN047 Promote diversity
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN055 Refine Complex workplace documents
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- PSPGEN046 Undertake Research & Analysis
- PSPGEN056 Facilitate change
- PSPGEN057 Develop and use political nous
- PSPGEN049 Undertake negotiations
How is the course assessed? View details
Quizzes, Discussion board questions, case study analysis, short answer questions, assessment interview, third-party report.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview