Solid foundation, bright future
This diverse program will assist learners in developing the core skills necessary for all public servants. The program focuses on how Government functions, the impact of legislation and policy on work priorities and the values that guide behavior in the workplace.
Learners will develop practical skills such as writing for government, communicating effectively and the basics of workplace planning. Learners will also come to understand their own development needs how to use conflict resolution in the workplace and will engage with team-based assessment approaches in order to build confidence in their workplace capabilities.
- Understand your contribution to the public service.
- Work with diversity and build strong work relationships
- Comply with relevant legislation and policies
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment
- Develop strong communications skills to write effectively, participate well in meetings and present to others.
- Behave professionally and manage diverse workplace demands.
- Develop solutions to challenging problems and contribute to decision making.
- Identify your strengths in order to develop your career focus.
Who should take this course
You must be working (or contracted to work) in a relevant public sector agency to enrol in this course.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Facilitated Sessions and Self Online Learning) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
The program is made up of a number of components including online learning and assessment modules, online knowledge packets, facilitated training sessions and group based interactive activities. There is a requirement for some reading prior to attending the facilitated sessions. In many instances, assessments are started in session. Consequently, attendance at all sessions is essential.
What is the cost?
What are the units of competency? View details
- PSPETH001 Uphold the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- PSPGEN032 Deal with conflict
- PSPGEN026 Provide input to Change Process
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- BSBXTW301 Work in a team
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN039 Develop internal & external networks
- BSBCRT201 Develop and apply thinking and problem solving skills
How is the course assessed? View details
Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required.