Take that next step in your procurement and contracting career
This PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting is designed for senior procurement managers who are looking to take the next step in their career. The program will support learners to hone their strategic coordination, negotiation and management skills, and give them the ability to administer complex, high-level, high-risk bidding and contracting projects.
- Build and implement ethical management strategies for high-value procurement in a government environment
- Design and implement whole-of-agency and programme compliance strategies for policy and legislative imperatives influencing procurement activities
- Analyse current procurement profiles including purchasing activities, strategic imperatives and the development of procurement plans
- Analyse market and supply chain issues including spend profile, supply positioning and key risks at agency and program levels
- Develop complex monitoring and reporting strategies for strategic procurement
- Complete complex negotiation activities including development and application of negotiation strategies
- Conduct analysis of organisational procurement profile, spend profile and procurement capability
- Identify opportunities for procurement coordination and consolidation at organisational and whole-of-government level
- Analyse risk profiles and develop strategies for procurement activities based on risk and cost elements
- Review, analyse and provide advice on legal and accountability issues for the strategic procurement projects
Who should take this course
- Participants must be currently working in or contracted to the public sector in a relevant procurement and contracting role.
- Be able to work independently and be self-directed .
- Have knowledge of procurement and contracting, hold units from the PSP50616 Diploma of Procurement Contracting, or have equivalent experience.
- Access to the specific work practices and appropriate level of work-based projects required to demonstrate competency in the units undertaken.
If you are unsure that you meet the entry requirements, please contact us so that the Procurement and Contracting Convenor can discuss the relevance of your experience in either the public or private sectors.
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Facilitated Sessions and Self-Paced Online Learning) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
Attend 10 facilitated training sessions delivered fortnightly and complete a work-based project. Some assessments are completed within facilitated sessions. Consequently, attendance at all sessions is essential. There will be a small requirement for reading and workplace research prior to some sessions.
What is the cost?
What are the units of competency? View details
Core units (9)
- PSPETH004 Maintain and enhance confidence in public service
- PSPGEN067 Establish and maintain strategic networks
- PSPLEG004 Manage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPMGT006 Develop a business case
- PSPMGT007 Manage risk
- PSPPCM020 Plan for strategic procurement
- PSPPCM021 Coordinate strategic procurement
- PSPPCM022 Negotiate strategic procurement
- PSPPCM023 Manage strategic contracts
- PSPGEN066 Apply government systems
- PSPMGT008 Formulate business strategies
- PSPMGT011 Develop partnering arrangements
- PSPPCM024 Manage fundamental aspects of a supply chain
- PSPPCY010 Manage policy implementation
- PSPMGT013 Provide strategic direction
How is the course assessed? View details
To be assessed as competent in the PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting you will need to demonstrate that you can apply your learning to the standard expected in the workplace.
Each of the units of competency within the qualification have performance criteria that guide how you will be assessed. These performance criteria have been extensively mapped by the CIT Solutions development team to the assessment activities.
Successful completion of the assessment activities will provide sufficient evidence to judge you as competent and enable you to receive the PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting.