About this course
Becoming a supervisor is an exciting and challenging stage in your career. Draw on current best practice and practical examples to explore your options for interacting with team members and working to meet business outcomes during this one day workshop.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics covered in this course are:
- Transitioning between employee to supervisor
- My strengths and limitations as a supervisor
- Strategies to supervise others: directing, coaching, consulting, delegating
- Motivation: what it is and why it is important
- Communicating to improve cohesion and performance
- Teams and team functionality
- Giving feedback
- Developing goals and achieving simple projects with your team
- Delegating work
- What's important to your organisation?
- understanding and meeting client needs.
- The next part of my professional journey
This course will analyse the range of activities required to be an effective supervisor. Drawing on current best practice and the practical experiences found in the work environment, the course will explore the options available to supervisors when interacting with team members and working to meet business goals and outcomes.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- employ a range of skills to be an effective supervisor
- apply proven strategies to respond to business, personal and interpersonal situations that arise when supervising others
- be more confident and competent when supervising others
- be more influential when engaging with team members and managers
- contribute more effectively as a supervisor to your team’s contribution to achieving organisational outcomes
- develop an action plan to implement learning in the workplace.