About this course
Diversity is a fundamental feature of our society and within all our workplaces, and to effectively serve our diverse community we need to be aware of, recognise and work with this reality. Acknowledging and valuing the contributions of everyone in your team is critical for your success and the success and effective performance of your team. It is also conducive to healthy working relationships and a more harmonious and productive workplace. Accordingly, this half day course provides you, as a team leader, with an understanding of the principles and behaviours associated with working with diversity for the benefit of you, your colleagues, your team, your organisation and our society.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics for this course are:
- Recognising and acknowledging diversity in your team
- Promoting an inclusive, positive and supportive team culture
- Using your emotional and social intelligence when interacting with team members
- Links to the Respect, Equity and Diversity (RED) Framework (ACT Government)
- Recognising and responding to undesirable or inappropriate workplace behaviour
This course is interactive; feel free (but not compelled) to share your experiences and views, and be prepared to ask critical questions to enhance your understanding of this topic.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what diversity means in society and in your team context
- List the range of ‘diversity’ characteristics you will encounter at work
- More intentionally promote and build an inclusive team culture
- Fulfil your responsibilities as a supervisor/manager with reference to the RED Framework
- Define what may or may not constitute inappropriate behaviour