About this course
Learn and build attributes that are essential to being a highly capable leader. Gain an understanding of how to apply those qualities to a range of leadership techniques. This workshop will cover topics including encouraging effective performance, rewarding and motivating, communicating complex change and the support and nurturing of individuals. * This workshop is subsequent to the New Supervisor.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics covered in this course are:
- Leadership in the context of today’s workplace
- Emotional and Social Intelligence
- Leadership styles and behaviours that engage
- Communicating strategically and individually
- Building a culture that embraces change
- Resilience and sustainability
Leadership is about an individual’s ability to actively engage their team in an organisation’s mission. It is about sustainment and growth – a leader's own and those they are responsible for. Leadership is not a rank; it is a role.
This workshop will stretch you to identify what drives you personally to succeed and how in turn you can translate this to embrace the diversity of the people you work with. Participants will explore how to cultivate an environment where people choose to apply discretionary effort and are actively engaged in the organisation’s mission and vision.
This is a practical, application-driven master class that:
- Introduces key concepts, Situational Leadership, Transformational Leadership, Servant Leadership, emotional and social intelligence, motivation, coaching for results, sustainability, resilience, scenario planning, PESTLE and SWOT analysis.
- Utilises the KOLB learning process in which participants view instructional videos and read case studies to analyse concepts and models. Then they are guided through activities (individual and group) to place their learnings in the context of their work and experience.
- The different techniques and behaviours will be applied in the safe environment of the workshop, utilising role plays and case studies to practice.
- A debrief via group discussion followed by a facilitator summary concludes each key topic area. Participants are asked where they will be applying their learnings and are encouraged to keep contact with other participants in order to support and grow.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the core requirements of effective leadership in today’s work environment;
- Understand the importance of embracing organisational diversity;
- Apply emotionally intelligent behaviours to your leadership;
- Manage imposed change and encourage change identification to enhance performance;
- Recognise the importance of resilience to sustainability; and
- Communicate and translate organisational strategy and direction at an individual level.