About this course
Gain greater emotional and social control in this workshop designed to equip you with tools for professional and personal success. Increase effectiveness, build strong interpersonal relationships and learn how to recognise and respond to the emotional strengths of others.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics covered include:
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Understanding emotional intelligence
- Behaviour, feelings, emotions and performance
- Emotions and feelings are not the same
- Managing your emotions
- How to measure your emotional intelligence
You will learn where emotions come from, the principles of emotional intelligence at work and the five domains of emotional intelligence. You will reflect on the emotions you experience in your own workplace, and the positive and negative impacts these emotions have on your performance. You will also complete a range of activities and exercises to develop strategies for managing your emotions more intelligently, and understanding benefits of emotionally intelligent teams.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand your own strengths and development areas within each domain of emotional intelligence
- Use emotional intelligence to increase your self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management
- Identify the impact of your own emotions on others in the workplace
- Recognise and appreciate the emotional strengths and weaknesses of others
- Promote the development of emotional intelligence in others.