About this course
Enhance your interpersonal skills and foster positive workplace relationships with this one day workshop. Equip yourself with the right skills and knowledge to conduct effective conflict resolution when dealing with sensitive issues in the workplace. Focusing on communication and behaviour, you will learn strategies to be more responsive to others and become a more effective communicator.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics for Workplace Relationships (including Conflict Resolution) are:
- Expectations about workplace culture
- Why workplace conflict occurs
- Legal and policy obligations in the workplace
- Conflict resolution methodologies
- Risk factors and controls
- Best practice approaches for staff, supervisors and managers
This course is a participative program which uses facilitator led group discussions and presentations to illuminate the reasons why workplace conflict occurs, and the ways it can be minimised and responded to.
In addition to drawing on the experience of participants, extensive use is made by the facilitator of real life case studies to demonstrate lessons learned – the hard way – by other organisations.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Assess potential conflict situations, and assess the risk of conflict occurring.
- Implement strategies to control the risk of conflict occurring.
- Implement conflict resolution strategies when conflict has occurred.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls and strategies.