About this course
In the public service it's critical to recognise how important it is to support our government leaders. This workshop is design to give you a snapshot of how to prepare a sound brief. You'll learn how and why a brief is prepared and best-practice in formulating a clear and concise brief.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics for Working with Ministers are:
- Briefing basics
- Why do we brief?
- Your role in the briefing process
- The legislative framework
- Types of briefs
- Briefing in your agency
- Characteristics of effective briefings
- Writing a brief
- The briefing process
- Key aspects of the briefing process
By the end of this program participants will be able to:
- explain the role of the ACTPS in supporting ministers, decision-makers and parliament
- outline the purpose and range of briefing processes in the ACTPS
- identify the characteristics of an effective brief
- plan a relevant brief tailored to the requirements of a particular audience
- draft a range of briefs for their current minister or a relevant ACTPS decision-maker.