About this course
Working together to build a work environment that is respectful, courteous and fair, lies at the heart of the ACTPS and its Respect, Equity and Diversity (RED) Framework. Learn how you can contribute to the creation of a positive workplace culture with this half day workshop.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics for Respect, Equity and Diversity (RED) General Training are:
- Creating positive workplace cultures
- Practical interpretations of respect, equity and diversity
- Legal obligations in regard to workplace behaviour
- Responsibilities of staff under the RED framework
- Identifying workplace bullying and other forms of unacceptable behaviour
- How to respond to, report and resolve incidents of unacceptable behaviour
This course is an interactive forum, which requires participants to contribute their views and experiences to group discussions. You are encouraged to ask critical questions on each topic in order to ensure you understand not just - what - the RED framework contains, but - why - it matters.
The course is particularly designed to empower you with the confidence necessary to take action if you are a victim or witness to unacceptable behaviour.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the factors which contribute to a positive workplace culture
- Fulfil your responsibilities as an ACTPS employee under the RED Framework
- Understand what defines workplace bullying and its distinction from reasonable management action
- Take action to report, resolve or otherwise respond to incidents of workplace bullying or unacceptable behaviour.