About this course
Great presentations demand thoughtful planning, structure and attention to detail. This one day workshop will teach you the right tools and strategies to blow your audience away with your next presentation.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics of Presentation Skills include:
- Identify the key features of effective presentations
- Outline strategies to build and deliver professional presentations
- Use effective communication
- Deliver an effective presentation
This is a practical, application driven-master class that includes:
Explain- Presentation fundamentals. Managing your state and communication style. Reframing techniques. Planning and preparation of presentations. Models for presenting information. Delivery methods and resources (including PowerPoint techniques)
Analysis- Group based critical analysis of a range of videos and practical examples using KOLB learning process
Active learning- Reframing plan and practice. Plan and deliver presentations focussing on practical application of key concepts, easing participants into trying new communication and managing strategies to deal with nerves in small groups. Provide feedback.
Summary- Develop personal checklist and identify practice opportunities to extend the learning from the master class into the workplace.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- develop and practice techniques to build confidence and reduce nervousness;
- analyse techniques to make presentations interesting and engaging;
- manage voice and body language in presentations;
- develop and deliver a presentation, using key elements of effective presentations including the appropriate use of visual aids;
- review skills and techniques to improve;
- develop an action plan to implement learning in the workplace.