About this course
Solid communication skills are essential in every workplace regardless of your role or level. Poor communication leads to confusion, frustration and wasted effort, whereas persuasive communication is efficient, effective and productive. Become your most persuasive self with this one day workshop.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics for this course are:
- Topic one: How we communicate – visually, orally and with feeling
- Topic two: How communication is filtered and interpreted
- Topic three: The components of persuasive communication
- Topic four: Paraverbal communication
- Topic five: The importance of questions
- Topic six: Active listening
- Topic seven: Emotional communication
- Topic eight: The process of persuasion and influencing
- Topic nine: Communication for negotiation and through conflict
This course is an intensive program requiring you to engage in group discussions and activities. Topics are addressed using a balance of experiential and facilitator led approaches. You will be encouraged to draw on your own experience and to contribute lessons learned to the wider group. You will also be given scope to explore communication approaches that suit your own personal style and circumstances.
Extensive use is made of real life examples to demonstrate how to deliver a persuasive message in a variety of situations.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the factors that influence how audiences receive and interpret messages.
- Select and apply a persuasive style of communication to suit the audience and situation.
- Apply supporting communication tools such as paraverbal and emotional communication to make messages more persuasive.
- Apply persuasive communication tools to improve outcomes in negotiation and conflict resolution.