About this course
The purpose of this Effective Communication course is to provide you with the knowledge and confidence to enable you to communicate effectively in a wide variety of situations using foundational interpersonal skills.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics of the full day, Effective Communication Workshop are:
- What is effective communication?
- Components of effective communication (listening, non-verbal language)
- Paradigms: Field of experience and how we interpret the world
- Clarifying our communication goals
- Choosing the best blend of approaches for optimal communication
- Common ground and achieving shared meaning
- Dialogue and assertiveness
- Using communication to break down barriers and strengthen workplace relationships
- Agreeing ground rules for continued communication
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Clarify your personal communication goals
- Take into consideration your own and other’s subjectivity and aim for an objective communication exchange
- Choose a blend of strategies and use interpersonal skills that will support your preferred outcome
- Aim for common ground and shared understanding
- Use assertiveness techniques with confidence and integrity when involved in a ‘difficult conversation’
- Agree a way forward with others that will support positive future communication and dialogue, especially when problems arise.