About this course
We have so many interactions over the course of a day, its reasonable to expect that some of them are going to be difficult. Whether these are conversations that you have in person, over the phone or virtual, there are things that you can do to make these conversations go smoothly. This workshop will give you the tools to manage difficult conversations to achieve the best possible outcome.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics for this course are:
- Common topics for difficult conversations in the public sector
- Why difficult conversations are so important
- Preparing for difficult conversations
- Legal and policy obligations
- Impediments and common traps
- Tailored communication techniques for difficult situations
This course is a participative program that uses facilitator led group discussions and presentations to communicate learning messages.
In addition to drawing on the experience of participants, extensive use is made of real life case studies to analyse lessons learned by other organisations.
Learning Outcomes -
By the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Explain why well managed conversations about difficult issues are so effective
- Prepare for difficult conversations
- Anticipate likely challenges when conducting a difficult conversation
- Comply with your legal and policy responsibilities on matters such as conduct and record keeping
- Use effective communication techniques for difficult situations.