About this course
A business case should tell a story. It translates ideas into a clear, logical recommendation that succinctly describes why and how a proposal should be implemented. Its purpose is to persuade the reader that your solution is the best option. This one day workshop will enable you to answer these questions and give you the methodology to allow you to explore cost alternative proposals and justify a recommended business solution.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics of Developing a Business Case are:
- The context of a business case
- Why and when would you develop a business case?
- How do you develop a business case - a step by step approach:
- identifying stakeholders
- identifying and evaluating alternative business solutions
- assessing the risks
- undertaking a financial assessment of the alternative solutions
- recommending a preferred solution, preparing the implementation plan
- Preparing an evaluation strategy
- Presenting your business case.
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why a business case is a powerful tool that enables you to advance written proposals for innovation in your organisation within appropriate boundaries and requirements of public sector responsibility and accountability.
- Describe how your organisation will benefit from having new business opportunities based on sound research and analysis.