About this course
The ability to influence is a quality that many wish for and something people often see as a gift rather than a skill. The great news is, this perception is totally wrong! This workshop will develop your negotiation skills so that you can act with confidence and influence in workplace situations.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics of the full day, Confident Negotiation Workshop are:
- The connection between workplace communication, influence and negotiation.
- Structured and predictable negotiation process
- Planning to negotiate, orchestrating the negotiation and closing the negotiation.
- Principles-based negotiation and position-based negotiation.
- The planning process
- substantive issues
- relational issues
- procedural issues
- Evaluating and employing strategies and tactics for workplace-based negotiation
- Neutralising difficult negotiators and their tactics and maintaining control of your negotiation strategy
- Using scenario based practice of your negotiation skills
The course will explain the reason why negotiation is a useful and powerful tool of influence. You will analyse the parts of a negotiation and understand how to address the planning and application of each of the parts of the negotiation. All learning will be focused on the practical application of key knowledge and skills into real-life personal and workplace situations.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- link the key professional activities of communication, influence and negotiation
- analyse negotiation and influencing strategies and models