The latest Training And Assessment Qualification.
This program is designed to build your skills and knowledge as a trainer and assessor. Whether you are working in a Registered Training Organisation or delivering training in the workplace, this program will provide you with up-to-date and effective strategies to develop others. Please note that trainers who deliver accredited training and assessors who conduct competency-based assessments under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 must hold this qualification or the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
If you hold either the TAA40104 or TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you can update your qualification to the latest standard through our Bridging Program.
Not in the ACT? Contact our Learner Experience team on 6207 4444 for more information about our interstate delivery model for groups.
- Define learning and training
- Identify training needs in the workplace
- Develop effective communication skills
- Outline characteristics of adult learners
- Design training programs to meet client needs
- Plan, deliver and evaluate different sessions
- Identify interactive and engaging training strategies
- Explain the key features and principles of competency based assessment
- Identify and utilise LLN strategies
- Plan, conduct and validate assessments using appropriate tools
- Develop assessment tools
Who should take this course
There are no formal prerequisites for this program. To enrol, you will need to have subject matter expertise in your field and have access to a work environment where you can practice and apply your training skills.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online), Custom, and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
This program is delivered in a blended format comprising of face to face session and self-paced online activities. In addition, you will need to allow time to complete out-of-session activities. This includes the development of program outlines, session plans and materials, researching units of competency, as well as planning and completing assessment documentation.
Full Program: 13 face-to-face sessions, 9:00-4:30 delivered fortnightly.
Upgrade program: 3 face to face sessions delivered one day a week 9.00 – 4.30. All programs are supported by online resources.
What are the units of competency? View details
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited programs to meet client needs.
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview