Acquire unrivalled procurement skills
The PSP40616 Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting will assist learners in developing critical skill sets vital to their role as a government procurement officer. They will harness existing skills and develop new capabilities as they learn to plan, manage, and enact complex procurement processes.
Learners will apply policies, rules and processes to case studies and scenarios in a group environment, acquiring the practical skills required to undertake procurement within a government entity.
In addition to engaging with specialist units, participants will learn to uphold the values of the public service, advance their workplace communication strategies and contribute to workplace safety.
- Plan procurement including identifying relevant legislation, procurement-connected policies and internal processes.
- Learn to identify, engage and manage stakeholders while developing procurement communication strategies.
- Undertake market research, develop specifications and determine an approach to market methodology.
- Develop and distribute requests for offers including tenders and requests for quote.
- Identify and treat risks.
- Develop and undertake evaluation criteria, evaluation processes and evaluation reports.
- Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector.
- Use resources effectively to achieve work unit goals.
Who should take this course
- Participants must be currently working in or contracted to the public sector, working in a procurement role.
- to have the capacity for independent self-directed work.
- Access to the specific work practices and appropriate level of work-based projects required to demonstrate competency in the units undertaken.
If you are unsure that you meet the entry requirements, please contact us so that an experienced facilitator can discuss the relevance of your experience in either the public or private sectors.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Facilitated Sessions and Self Online Learning) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What is the cost?
What participation is required?
Attend 8 facilitated training sessions and complete a work-based project. Some assessments are completed within facilitated sessions. Consequently, attendance at all sessions is essential. There is a small requirement for reading and workplace research prior to some sessions.
What are the units of competency? View details
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPGEN042 Exercise delegations
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- PSPPCM004 Plan procurement
- PSPPCM005 Develop and distribute requests for offers
- PSPPCM006 Select providers and develop contracts
- PSPPCM007 Manage contracts
- BSBMKG408 Conduct market research
- PSPPCM002 Dispose of assets
- PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
How is the course assessed? View details
Short answer questions, group activities, case study analysis, work-based procurement project, document analysis, third party reports, assessment interview.
Can this course be customised for my team?
Yes! Contact our Learner Experience team via our Contact Us page or email email@example.com to discuss what you need.Group Booking Enquiry