About this course
Good soil is the key to growing healthy fruit and vegetables. Following organic principles this course will show you how to manage soil for optimal fertility, whether you are working a garden or using pots and planter boxes. Includes a look at backyard watering systems.
Materials Required: Comprehensive notes supplied but please bring:
• A pen and paper
• A good coffee cup sized sample of soil from your garden for analysis
• Sun protection, covered in shoes and drinking water for outside activities
Additional Information: Topics to be covered include:
• How to assess your garden’s basic soil properties
• Potting mixes vs soils
• How to enhance your soil’s physical structure, chemical properties and biological activity
• How to improve your soil’s fertility for growing fruit and vegetables using organic matter
• How to care for your soil
Full venue address details will be supplied on enrolment.