About this course
Learn how to understand the life in your garden, how to manage its ecosystem and how to control pests and diseases common to the local environment using an integrated management approach.
Materials Required: Materials provided. Please bring pen and paper.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the kitchens are not available. Please bring your own refreshments for the sessions.
Additional Information: Topics to be covered include:
• Life in the garden - viruses, bacteria, fungi, arthropods, etc
• The organic approach
• Managing the garden ecosystem
• Overview of common pests and diseases in Canberra gardens
• A methodological approach to dealing with pests and diseases using an integrated pest management approach
• Organic remedies for the most common pests and diseases in Canberra fruit and vegetable gardens
PLEASE NOTE: This course is held over three consecutive evenings.