You be the judge.
Completing a fair workplace assessment demands understanding and accuracy. Enter a collaborative and stimulating learning environment for a five-day journey through the fundamental principles of assessment, where you will learn the basics and practice their application with the support of an expert facilitator. We use an integrated delivery approach that includes discussions, simulations, case studies and research activities.
In addition to covering the various units of competency, you will also learn how to design effective assessment tools, conduct a number of assessments, practise providing constructive feedback, as well as the development, trial and validation of assessment tools.
- Explain the components of a unit of competency.
- Outline the key features, principles and rules of evidence in competency based assessment (CBA).
- Conduct individual and group workplace assessments.
- Carry out assessment validations.
- Choose appropriate methods for gathering evidence.
- Select and/or develop appropriate assessment tools and instruments.
Who should take this course
There are no formal prerequisites for this program. To enrol, you will need to have subject matter expertise in your field and have access to a work environment where you can practice and apply your assessment skills.
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online), Custom, and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
The program consists of five segments. You will be required to attend a face-to-face classroom session for each segment. Each segment additionally requires pre work (knowledge packets) and homework.
Sessions are delivered 9am-4.30pm fortnightly.
What are the units of competency? View details
You will gain the skills and knowledge to plan, organise and conduct assessments, including recognition of prior learning (RPL) against a unit or units of competency that align to your workplace or area of expertise. You will also design, develop, trial and review assessment tools and conduct assessment validation sessions.
This program meets the following units of competency from the TAE16 Training and Education Training Package (Version 2.0):
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
How is the course assessed? View details
To be deemed competent you will need to complete all assessment activities.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview