Build on your government knowledge for a prosperous career in the public sector.
The Public Sector Essentials (Online) program offers learners the ability to learn anytime, anywhere, the grounding knowledge and understanding for working in any public sector role. During the program, learners will be taken through four core units of competency via an engaging narrative-driven eLearning. Learners will work through a variety of scenarios and make realistic decisions in a government setting.
This program is suited to existing public service employees who wish to gain a deeper understanding of managing in a public sector environment.
Successful completion of this program will contribute towards a PSP50116 Diploma of Government.
- Understanding your contribution to the public service.
- Work with diversity and building strong work relationships.
- Promoting a healthy and safe work environment.
- Understand and apply legislation relevant to your agency and legislation that governs your day to day activity.
- Understanding the strategic framework for government and the governance framework for your agency.
- Contribute effectively to working in government.
Who should take this course
You must be working (or contracted to work) in a relevant public sector agency at management level to enrol in this course.
- RPL available
What participation is required?
This program is completed fully online in a self-paced manner.
What are the units of competency? View details
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPGEN047 Promote diversity
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview