Building blocks for management, identification and protection.
This CPP50611 Diploma of Security and Risk Management is designed to support positions such as Agency Security Advisors (ASA) and enhance capability within security risk management roles. Linking Security Risk Management processes and principles to theory and operational activities, this course is adapted and tailored to a variety of security risk management responsibilities. It utilises scenarios created by our experienced team of trainers and assessors. The full program provides a sound basis on which to build your security risk capabilities.
Participants experience trainer-led instruction, group activities and site visits. Gain vital skill sets by following security risk processes and principles from assessment, as well as designing and producing security risk management plans in line with the International Standard ISO 31000:2009.
- Assess security risk management options
- Coordinate security operations
- Establish and maintain an OH&S system
- Prepare security risk management plan
- Facilitate continuous improvement
- Implement security risk management plan
- Manage people performance
- Make a presentation
- Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- Manage quality customer service
Who should take this course
Candidates must be working (or contracted to work) in a relevant position to enrol in this course, and have the capacity for independent, self-directed work. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices and appropriate work-based projects, so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
This program requires 10 full days of attendance. The course is split into two blocks of five days, with approximately four weeks between the blocks.
What are the units of competency? View details
- CPPSEC5001A Establish and maintain an OH&S system
- CPPSEC5002A Coordinate security operations
- CPPSEC5003A Assess security risk management options
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- CPPSEC5004A Prepare security risk management plan
- CPPSEC5005A Implement security risk management plan
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- PSPGEN050 Manage conflict
- PSPGEN046 Undertake research and analysis
How is the course assessed? View details
Complete a risk management report, develop a risk management plan, give a risk management presentation.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview