Diploma of Project Management
BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management applies to individuals in project leadership and management roles, who are responsible for achieving project objectives.
Learners will already manage projects in a variety of contexts across different industries and will have a sound project management knowledge base.
They will be experienced in using a range of project management tools and techniques to deliver project outcomes, achieving time, cost and quality objectives.
Learners will be competent managers of teams, with the ability to initiate, plan, execute, and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others, however, are looking to enhance their expertise and abilities with further study.
Learners will focus on six key themes over 10 sessions:
- Project life cycle
- Project constraint management, including scope
- Project integration management
- Risk management
- Human resources management
- Managing project procurement processes
A practical work based project portfolio completes the program.
The PMBoK will be provided on the Engage platform and will be used as a learning resource throughout the program.
The content of the program is suitable for both public and private sector employees.
The project techniques developed during this program are highly versatile and can be applied to negotiating, planning and implementing projects or to improve outcomes from business as usual project activities.
- Introduce the principles and concepts of project management
- Manage project integration
- Develop communication skills and management of stakeholders
- Outline project governance principles
- Create a project charter
- Define a project plan
- Manage project change
- Define project scope
- Manage project time, cost and quality
- Use estimating techniques
- Schedule dependencies
- Evaluate and manage project risks
- Manage the professional development of your project team
- Manage your project resources and procurement contracts
- Manage scheduling tools and change management
- Develop negotiation skills
- Manage project close out and handover
Who should take this course
Access to related project management work practices is necessary so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
10 facilitated learning sessions plus the completion of a practical work-based project portfolio. Compulsory attendance except where unforeseen personal circumstances may arise.
What are the units of competency? View details
- BSBPMG511 Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512 Manage project time
- BSBPMG513 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514 Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516 Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517 Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 Manage project integration
- BSBPMG518 Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG519 Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
How is the course assessed? View details
Multiple choice quizzes, case studies, and a practical work-based project portfolio.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview