Now $430.00 for learners eligible for user choice funding.
The Progressive Managers Program will build the capabilities of APS managers to address the leadership challenges of today and tomorrow, while providing opportunities to recognise their existing skills and experience. Co-designed with leading government agencies, this Diploma of Government program covers topics that are relevant to the modern workplace and tailored to developing high-performing government employees to the next level of potential and professionalism. Learners will explore managing teams for high performance and other focus areas, all in the specialised context of the Australian Public Service.
Foundations of Government:
- Share your experiences and knowledge on working for your organization, public administration and working in government
- Explore ideas related to legislation, ethics, values, WHS and diversity
- Outline how the learning content is applied in your workplace
People Management and Achieving High Performance:
- Facilitate commitment to an organisation’s vision and encourage leadership behaviours in times of change
- Delegate or assign work appropriately
- Outline effective leadership approaches for different situations
- Recognise effective performance management in developing a cohesive, high-performance workgroup
- Apply a range of techniques to give and receive performance feedback and support team members to access development activities
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Describe a range of different types of coaching/mentoring techniques and their benefits
- Develop a mentoring program for your organisation
- Explain how to prepare for different types of communications and respond to different opinions
- Negotiate and communicate persuasively
- Identify, use and review digital workplace information
- Research, select and integrate digital solutions into your workplace
- Explain intellectual property requirements
- Use information and language (both written and verbal) in a way that is appropriate for your audience.
Digital, Data, Design and Decision Making:
- Describe what research is, why research and analysis is important, and how we evaluate it
- List considerations when undertaking research and analysis
- Outline the key steps in conducting research
- Compile reports from information systems
- Interpret a graph or table and data and its summarized highlights
- Interpret a range of official statistics in a policy environment and present the findings
- Guide others in the interpretation of data
- Recognize threats, risks and vulnerabilities to cyber security in an organization
- Outline common cyber security attack mechanisms and identity and threat management as well as security issues surrounding Internet of Things (IOT) devices
- Describe tools and systems an organization can use to protect itself from cyber-attacks.
Who should take this course
You must be working (or contracted to work) in a public sector agency to enrol in this course. Assessment is contingent on access to specific work practices so you are able to demonstrate the particular competencies required.
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Accredited Blended (facilitated training sessions and Self Online Learning) and Recognition of Prior Learning.
What participation is required?
The program commences with a welcome and orientation session, followed by eleven (11) full-day group sessions/workshops. In addition to this, there are six (6) assessment support and presentation sessions.
What are the units of competency? View details
PSPLEG003: Promote compliance with Legislation in the public sector
PSPETH003: Promote the values and ethos of public service
PSPGEN047: Promote Diversity
BSBWHS301: Maintain workplace safety
PSPGEN053: Provide leadership
PSPGEN048: Support workplace coaching and mentoring
BSBMGT407: Apply digital solutions to work processes
PSPGEN054: Use complex communication strategies
PSPGEN046: Undertake research and analysis
PSPGEN065: Interpret data and related statistics
VU21990: Recognise the need for cyber security in an organisation
How is the course assessed? View details
Online and in class assessments:
- Questions and answers
- Research and development activities
- Scenario based activities
- Written reports
- Short in-class presentations
- Third party reports
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview