Protect your organisation.
This program is designed to support and enhance the performance of people in security-related roles. Linking Security Risk Identification and management theory to operational areas, the course is tailored to suit a range of security risk responsibilities. The full program provides a sound basis on which to build security risk capabilities, using effective learning tools such as scenarios created by an experienced team of trainers and assessors.
Featuring trainer-led instruction, group activities and site visits, participants will develop vital skill sets following security risk processes from assessment through to working with management plans in line with the International Standard ISO 31000:2009.
Please note: We currently only offer this program for organisations with groups of eight or more participants. If you have a question about this program, please contact our learner experience team on 02 6207 4444 or at email@example.com
- Assess risk
- Assess threat
- Identify and assess security of assets
- Monitor and review security operations
- Advise on security needs
- Manage a safe workplace in the security environment
- Establish effective workplace relations
- Promote innovation in a team environment
- Implement continuous improvement
- Implement effective communication techniques
Who should take this course
Candidates must have sufficient work experience and be working in a relevant role with Security Risk responsibilities to enter this program. You must have the capacity for independent, self directed work and access to specific work practices and appropriate work based projects in order to demonstrate competency in the units undertaken.
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
This course requires five full days of attendance. Note: Number and frequency of sessions may vary.
What are the units of competency? View details
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- CPPSEC4001A Manage a safe workplace in the security industry
- CPPSEC4002A Implement effective communication techniques
- CPPSEC4003A Advise on security needs
- CPPSEC4004A Monitor and review security operations
- CPPSEC4005A Facilitate workplace briefing and debriefing processes
- CPPSEC4006A Assess risks
- CPPSEC4007A Assess threat
- CPPSEC4012A Identify and assess security of assets
- PSPGEN027 Gather and analyse information
- PSPGEN032: Deal with Conflict
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
How is the course assessed? View details
Short answer assessment tasks, third-party reports, risk assessment report, scenarios.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview