Control the process, know the outcome
This program aims to develop the fundamental skills required to undertake project work and to prepare learners to contribute confidently in team based project environments.
Learners will focus on four key themes:
- The project life cycle
- Project resourcing
- Project constraints
- Project communication and risk
A practical work based project completes the program.
Participants will learn how to develop a range of project tools and techniques, such as how to manage risk using a risk register, managing stakeholder involvement, and developing project plans. Learners will use these tools and techniques to successfully undertake project activities in their workplace.
The PMBoK will be provided on the Engage platform and will be used as a learning resource throughout the program.
The content of the program is suitable for both public and private sector employees.
The project techniques developed during this program are highly versatile and can be applied to negotiating, planning, and implementing projects or to improve outcomes from business as usual activities.
- Explain the definition of project management
- Identify the 10 phases of project management
- Describe each stage of the project life cycle
- Develop a project charter
- Explain the key elements of a project plan
- Co-ordinate risk management
- Identify project constraints
- Plan the project scope
- Manage time, cost and quality
- Identify change management and scheduling tools
- Plan your project resources
- Outline procurement contracts
- Develop communication skills and management of stakeholders
- Manage project close out and handover
Who should take this course
Access to related project management work practices is necessary so as to demonstrate the particular competencies required.
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
Eight facilitated learning sessions, plus the completion of a work based project.
What are the units of competency? View details
- BSBPMG409 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG410 Apply project time management techniques
- BSBPMG411 Apply project quality management techniques
- BSBPMG412 Apply project cost-management techniques
- BSBPMG413 Apply project human resources management approaches
- BSBPMG414 Apply project information management and communication techniques
- BSBPMG415 Apply project risk management techniques
- BSBPMG416 Apply project procurement procedures
- BSBPMG417 Apply project life cycle management processes
How is the course assessed? View details
Multiple choice quizzes, case studies, and a practical work based project.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview