How often do you hear that ‘people’ are an organisation’s greatest asset? In today’s public service environment, HR plays a critical role in guiding and supporting people management activities.
The Certificate IV in Government (Human Resource Management) equips learners with essential government knowledge and tools to perform integral HR functions such as recruitment and employee relations. By the end of the program learners will be able to operate in a HR consultant role in a government environment.
- Strengthen your core skills as a professional public servant
- Improve and manage your productivity and performance
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Apply strategies to work with others, and deal with conflict
- Provide HR information and advice
- Administer HR processes
- Apply HR processes to address workplace challenges
- Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- Identify the learning and development needs of people
- Provide input to change processes
Who should take this course
- Be employed within the Australian or ACT Public Service
- Work in a HR-related function
- Have commitment from their employer to engage fully in the program
- User choice funding available
- RPL available
- Delivered via blended learning
How is it delivered?
Blended (Face to Face & Online) and Recognition of Prior Learning
What participation is required?
You are expected to attend and fully participate in all facilitated learning sessions.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in two 'Check-in' teleconference discussions. These provide you with an opportunity for your facilitator to provide feedback to the group on common assessment challenges and answer questions arising from program content. 'Check-in' discussions are scheduled:
Check-in 1 – during Week 7
Check-in 2 – during Week 29
What are the units of competency? View details
- PSPETH001 Uphold the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPHRM001 Administer HR processes
- PSPHRM002 Provide a consultancy service for HRM
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWRK411 Support employee and industrial relations procedures
- BSBPMG413 Apply project HRM approaches
- PSPGEN026 Provide input to change processes
- PSPGEN032 Deal with conflict
How is the course assessed? View details
The program applies an integrated learning and assessment approach incorporating individual and group assessment activities, workplace tasks, third party reports and a final assessment interview.
Can this course be customised?
Yes. Contact our Learner Experience team to discuss what you need.View Course Overview