About this course
This Access Canberra Worksafe ACT approved foundation workshop is designed for participants who are stepping into the role of Workplace Health and Safety Representative in their organisation. Be prepared for the unexpected by learning about the latest legislation, how to establish and maintain a safety management system and the process of motivating your colleagues or staff.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics are:
- What are the key changes to Workplace Health and Safety legislation?
- How do these changes affect the workplace?
- How do these changes affect supervisors and managers in the workplace?
- What are key things that supervisors and managers need to do to comply with the legislation?
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Perform the role of a workplace health and safety representative
- Understand the relevant legislation
- Identify relevant workplace health and safety situations and interrelate with colleagues and other staff.