About this course
Does your work ever require you to interview people? Are you thinking of starting a podcast or personal project and would like to feel more at ease questioning others? This one-day workshop provides research and preparation skills required to conduct an interview, plus hands on interview practice and experience.
Materials Required: You'll need to bring:
• Your own laptop. A USB with preloaded resources will be supplied.
• A lunch/snack as the canteen is closed on weekends. There is tea/coffee available and the venue has a fridge and microwave
Additional Information: 6 key skills you’ll take away:
• Improved questioning and listening skills
• Comfort in going “off script” in an interview
• Asking better and more open questions
• Finding comfortable and appropriate responses to difficult questions
• Using the internet to best facilitate preparation and research
This course is ideal for podcast/radio and television enthusiasts; employees who may be required to conduct research about people/places and/or events and feel they could improve their skills; employees who may be required to conduct interviews with others and feel they could improve their skills; those who feel uncomfortable public speaking or networking or those who are looking to improve their job interview and/or job interviewing skills.