About this course
Podcasting is one of the most powerful, and popular, ways to get yourself heard these days and it’s an easier skill than you may think to master. Join broadcaster Jen Seyderhelm and learn how to create, voice, record, edit, monetise and publicise your ideas into a complete podcast package.
Materials Required: Course notes will be provided on a USB.
Please bring a laptop with the free editing software Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/) already downloaded. It’ll also help if you bring your podcast ideas to share.
Please bring your own refreshments and lunch on the day. Access to kitchen facilities is limited due to CV19 restrictions.
Additional Information: 7 key skills you’ll take away:
• Clarity around podcast pitch, product and placement
• Basic audio editing skills and why they are necessary
• Where, when and how to promote your podcast/product
• Monetising or targeting your podcast/product
• Social and digital media as a tool
• Awareness of Licensing/royalties/copyright issues before they become one!
• Basic understanding of equipment and resources used for vocal recording
This course is ideal for fledgling podcasters looking to build their skills; further their concept and spruik their product – whether in a business or recreational environment. Jen Seyderhelm is an experienced podcaster, lecturer and broadcaster.