About this course
Do you have a great idea for a podcast but no idea what to do with it? In this course Jen Seyderhelm will show you how create, voice, record, edit, monetise and publicise your idea into a complete podcast package.
Materials Required: Course notes will be provided on a USB.
Please bring a laptop with the free editing software Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/) already downloaded. It’ll also help if you bring your podcast ideas to share.
Additional Information: 7 key skills you’ll take away:
• Clarity around podcast pitch, product and placement
• Basic audio editing skills and why they are necessary
• Where, when and how to promote your podcast/product
• Monetising or targeting your podcast/product
• Social and digital media as a tool
• Awareness of Licensing/royalties/copyright issues before they become one!
• Basic understanding of equipment and resources used for vocal recording
The ideal course for fledgling podcasters looking to further their concept; podcast and audiobook enthusiasts; employees of organisations thinking of creating a work podcast/information or training component that is transferrable within the business or small business owners looking for new ways to spruik their product or talent.
The courses Research and Interview Skills and Voiceover Introduction complement this Essentials course and offer the full skill set needed for successful podcasting.