About this course
Would you like to learn how to manage your time and workloads better? During this workshop you will learn about your productivity and how to develop positive habits to support success. You will also learn the skills and strategies necessary to better manage your work-life balance.
Additional Information: Key Topics:
The key topics covered in this course are:
- Clarifying your role in achieving team and organisational outcomes
- SMART Goals and manageable tasks
- Estimating time required to complete tasks
- Reducing / removing distractions
This workshop is delivered with a clear emphasis on building the confidence of participants to become effective time managers. Activities and discussion during this course will be based on participant’s current roles, responsibilities and tasks. This approach enhances learning retention and provides immediate benefit supporting “real” activities that will assist in day to day operations. It includes:
- key concepts, models and theories such as analysing tasks in relation to their impact on achieving big picture goals, the Pareto Principle, SWOT Analysis, Urgent Vs Important, Forced Ranking and setting SMART Goals.
- Utilising the KOLB learning process participants view instructional videos and read case studies to analyse concepts and models. Then they are guided through activities (individual and group) to place their learnings in the context of their work and experience.
- The different techniques and behaviours will be applied in the safe environment of the workshop utilising role plays and case studies to practice.
- A debrief via group discussion followed by a facilitator summary concludes each key topic area.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Link your role, responsibilities and tasks to organisational goals and direction
- Prioritise work effectively to maximise impact on achieving organisational outcomes
- Establish SMART Goals
- Establish and maintain a [personal] work environment to maximise individual effectiveness.