About this course
The ideal starting point for anyone wanting to interior decorate their new build or renovate & decorate their home. This course will take you through the processes for interior styling, giving you practical advice and workable solutions to your decorating dilemmas.
Materials Required: Please bring to the class:
- 2-3 interior design magazines that you like (to cut up).
- A3 size sketch pad, glue, scissors, ruler, biro, lead pencil & eraser
- a set of colour pencils
Additional Information: DUE TO LOCKDOWN THIS CLASS WILL RUN ONLINE ON ZOOM UNLESS OTHERWISE ADVISED.
Topics to be covered include
• Creativity - the keys to becoming more creative in your home
• Exterior – simple ways to make your home look its best & achieve street appeal
• Colour – understanding the basics of colour
• Colour schemes - different methods for putting colours together
• Space planning – simple strategies to re-arrange your own home
• Principles of design – visual design, contrast, repetition, balance, white space, texture and proportion.
• Arranging Your Stuff - how to create a more beautiful home and happier environment
Course tutor, Jennifer Angelatos, has a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture from the University of Canberra and an Advanced Diploma in Interior Design from CIT. She runs her own design business, Core Interiors, here in Canberra. Image © Jennifer Angelatos Core Interiors.