About this course
The ideal starting point for anyone building, renovating or decorating their home, this course will take you through a series of activities and exercises, giving you workable solutions to your decorating dilemmas and plenty of practical advice.
Materials Required: Please bring to the class:
- 2-3 interior design magazines that you like (to cut up).
- A3 size sketch pad, glue, scissors, ruler, biro, lead pencil & eraser
- a set of colour pencils
Additional Information: Course Outline
• Creativity - the keys to becoming more creative in your home
• Exterior – simple ways to make your home look its best
• Colour – understanding the basics of colour
• Colour schemes - different methods for putting colours together
• Space planning – simple strategies to re-arrange your own home
• Principles of design – such as repetition, balance, texture and contrast
• Arranging Our Stuff - how to create a more beautiful home and happier environment without spending any money.
- NB: There will also be an excursion to visit Canberra showrooms to expand your creative horizons (date to be confirmed in class) -
About your tutor
Catherine Henderson has a lifetime of experience in art and design including art teaching, textile design, pastel, oil and watercolour painting and interior design. Accredited by the Design Institute of Australia in 1998 Catherine launched Catherine Henderson Interior Design and over the last seventeen years has completed projects for large institutions such as the Australian National University and the Australian Defence Force Academy as well as numerous office fit outs, restaurants, medical centres, and new homes and renovations all over Canberra.
Catherine has created 'Interior Design For Everyone' as a way of passing on some of her experience and knowledge because as she says “ Whatever the size of the budget, everyone can learn how to make their home more beautiful and more comfortable”