About this course
Held at Canberra's National Zoo and Aquarium, this workshop is aimed at photographers of all levels who want to learn how to take great wildlife photos, whether in zoos or out in the wild. You will leave the workshop with photos you'll be happy to share as well as a portfolio of technical tips and compositional techniques you can take to your next wildlife photoshoot. Entrance fee included.
Materials Required: Camera Gear:
- A DSLR, MIrrorless or compact camera with a telephoto lens option.
- A tripod or monopod
- A spare battery or two
- An empty memory card
This workshop is not suitable for mobile phone capture but your phone can be very good for shooting in the aquarium so don’t leave it at home
- Sunscreen, hat and water
- Raincoat or umbrella if bad weather is predicted
- Lunch if you don't wish to purchase it on site.
Additional Information: Core skills you’ll learn:
• choosing lenses and suitable cameras
• ideal wildlife capture camera settings
• camera support options for steady shots
• dealing with tricky lighting
• framing your subject and perfecting you timing