About this course
Build your understanding of basic painting and drawing techniques and colour mixing in this relaxed course. You will follow a series of observation and design exercises and learn to work with a variety of materials. The course is designed to equip students with basic knowledge of two dimensional arts. Suitable for beginners and continuing students.
Materials Required: Please bring to your class: (Please do not purchase any materials until you confirm the course is going ahead)
- Charcoal: Compressed and Willow sticks
- Pencils: 3b, 4b, 5b
- Kneadable Eraser
- Pad of Acrylic Painting Paper (A3)
- Pad of Cartridge Drawing Paper (A3)
- Water container, large jar or 2lt milk container cut in half etc
At your first class Dennis will confirm the following. Please do NOT buy paint or brushes prior to the first class.
- Acrylic Paint – Essential: Arylamine Yellow, Phthalo Blue, Quinacridone Magenta, Titanium White. Artist quality such as Art spectrum or Atelier etc recommended
- Selection of Painting Brushes
- Painting Palette
Good quality paint and paper are best purchased from specialist suppliers such as Eckersley's (Braddon, Phillip). Generic materials can be found at discount stores such as the Reject Shop; Target or BigW.
Tea and coffee are available but please bring snacks for the day as the canteen will not be open. There is a fridge and microwave at the venue.