About this course
Fabric flowers are an art form favoured by Japanese performing artists, the geisha and maiko, as hair adornments to match the seasons. In modern day us-age we see them as earrings, necklaces, hat pins, brooches or hanging adornments such as Christmas stars. The limit for their use is only the imagination! In this one day short course you will learn the three basic petal folds: the round petal, the pointed petal and the pleated petal.
Materials Required: Please bring the following to class:
· Tin of pearl head pins or quilting pins
· Embroidery needle or “crewel” needle
· One “fat quarter” of lightweight COTTON (please don’t bring denim as it is too heavy)
· Cotton thread in a colour that matches your fabric
· 3-6 buttons that match your fabric for the centres of the flowers
You will have the opportunity to select and purchase jewellery fixings in class to mount your flowers if you wish to do so.