About this course
Take you smartphone photography up a level, learning how to create photographs that convey emotion and impact. Using an array of special purpose apps and editing tools you’ll learn how to frame and compose with editing in mind and push colour beyond the normal boundaries. The workshop focuses first on the practical aspects of image capture, then on the editing phase using Snapseed on your mobile device.
Materials Required: Bring your
• Smartphone loaded with the apps specified for the class (to be advised prior to course start)
• Selfie stick and/or Tripod, if you have one
• Back up battery pack for your smartphone
• Empty memory space on your phone, 2 to 3 GB should be more than enough
• Notepad and pen, or you can take notes on your smartphone
Please bring your own refreshments for the session. We regret kitchen facilities are not available at this time due to CV19 restrictions
Additional Information: Key skills you'll learn include
• Motion effects and multiple exposure
• Layers and image overlays
• Creative use of colour and the role of texture and tone
• Creative image distortion using lenses, filters and editing options
• Film simulations
The techniques and shooting opportunities are suitable for Smartphone Camera users only. Participants should have completed the Smartphone Photography workshop or be familiar with all core functions of their device.