About the business
With more than 30 years in the learning and development sector and offering training in over 80 subject areas, CIT Solutions is a leading provider of customised training and consultancy services both within Australia and offshore.
About the role
CIT Solutions is looking for a FULL TIME Fixed term VET Trainer and Assessor specialising in learning support to Train and Assess Indigenous learners undertaking accredited Government qualifications.
Working in a small team you will have supportive management, collaborative team members and a varied and challenging environment.
As an integral part of a busy and passionate team, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Facilitation and assessment of accredited Government Qualifications (Certificate IV and Diploma) using a blended approach
- Accommodating students learning needs using effective, empathic delivery and assessment methods
- Implement strategies to address barriers to learning (e.g. LOTE, cultural factors, low vision, permanent injury, hearing loss) to enable learners with specific needs to succeed
- Use CIT Solutions approved design/ development, delivery and assessment templates and methodology
- Create and implement customised learning plans for learners with special requirements.
- Provide feedback on learning materials and platform (Engage) in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- PSP50116 Diploma Government or ability to demonstrate industry experience and currency
- Experience using Moodle based learning platform
- Experience using modern technology to deliver and assess learning (Podcasts and webinars)
- Experience assessing learners Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills and applying strategies to deliver and assess learning
- Creative and learner centric with an agile mindset and ability to step in to deliver on short notice
- High levels of emotional intelligence when dealing with all stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the VET Industry and relevant legislation AQF, RTO
- A strong awareness, understanding and commitment to Indigenous protocols and culture
- Demonstrated knowledge of the issues and barriers facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- Flexible approach to addressing learner needs
- Professional approach and team player
- Candidates from an Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply
Important Information about the role
- Bruce campus: Free Parking
- Full Time hours
- 12 month Fixed Term contract
It is a requirement of the role that successful candidates have a National Police Check and Working with Vulnerable People check prior to employment.
Please note: The successful applicants must have rights to live and work in this country.
Please note that interviews will be conducted as suitable applications are received.
CIT Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.